Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sports Saturday

After playing 3-on-3 with 3 groups of random people at Wanchai, Da, Alvin and I were all sunburnt and tired. However, it certainly feels good to have won 2 out of the 3 games and I think we could have won the first if we get to warm up a little. Hee. Did I mention they are an assortment of youngsters, teenagers and a few kids? And I managed to score my fair share of hoops and boy were they surprised when I shot a few 3-pointers.

Anyway, after that, we went to Pacific Place in our smelly attire and shopped for ingredients to cook dinner. The supermarket was the most upmarket I have ever seen. They have special stores selling vinegar, salami, and the widest spread of ready cooked food like salad and stuff.

So we shopped for some ready-to-go foods for dinners. What you will see in the following costs abt 600HKD, excluding the wine, vinegar and expired cheese but including 2 bottles of fresh juices. But it certainly feels very healthy.

Vinegar


Chateau D' Arcins


Expired Cheese (for 1 mth!!)


Baguette


Sashimi


Prawns


My favourite tofu


Grapes to go with the wine



Oven baked potatoes from the salad bar


Salsa made by Alvin


Smoked salmon


Pepperoni (this is really yummy!)


We woke up the next morning equally healthy.


And negated it all in the afternoon with a bucket of KFC ... with interesting flavours from lime pepper chicken to wasabi wings, on top of the usual spicy and classic favourites.

I wonder if they have all these varieties in Afghanistan's Kabul Fried Chicken which sports the same colonel look and the "special recipe" USP.


Source: TIME
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1823900,00.html

No comments: