Sunday, August 10, 2008

National Day Party At Club Cixi

As Saturday was spent watching Olympics events, we ordered lunch through the convenient http://www.foodbyweb.com.hk/. Lunch was less than fantastic as some of the dishes were done in Beijing style which didn't quite suit our taste so expectedly there were lots of leftover. I thought it's quite sinful to waste all that deep fried eel so I tried to finish up the last few pieces. How was I to know that I got choked by the fish bone in the eel. Yes, that soft, insignificant fish bone.

Thus, in an attempt to avoid dying from a bone, I did the only logical thing to do then... vomit my entire lunch and a bit of dinner. It felt utterly disgusting and awful as I did it standing up in the openness of the kitchen, into a plastic bag. I think I will not be touching eel for a very very long time.

As the remaining Sat afternoon was spent watching the various Olympics events, dinner only started at 9.30pm, and we (Da, Alvin & I) had Japanese buffet at Lan Kwai Fong - no, I didn't touch any Unagi.

After dinner, we made our way to Cixi where some Singaporeans had organised a National Day party. One thing to note is that partying only starts after midnight in HK. So it was not surprisingly that it was quite empty even at 11pm. Music was bland as it played the standard Mambo type of music. Apparently Deejay was formerly from Mdm Wong ... goodness. Hence, other than familiarity, music was nothing awesome.

Saw a girl that looked really familiar but not sure if she was from Hwa Chong or NTU. As I was really tired then (was nursing a bad flu), I couldn't muster the energy to try make friends or what. By 1.30am, I decided to go back.

Lesson - think Singapore parties = mambo = not very happening. I will think twice abt attending anything Singaporean in future. And that's a lesson worth $170HKD, without a drink to numb myself.

No comments: