Yesterday I read about the Law of Jante.....apparently a concept with Scandanavian origins that advocates Mediocrity as it will help minimise problems in your life. To quote Paulo Coelho ,
“You aren’t worth a thing, nobody is interested in what you think, mediocrity and anonymity are your best bet. If you act this way, you will never have any big problems in life.
The Law of Jante focuses on the feeling of jealousy and envy that sometimes causes so much trouble to people like Ari Behn, the husband of Princess Martha-Louise. "
Today I watched a movie, Melena, which I think reflects that very accurately as well for her beauty is what led to much envy, rumour mongering and finally to her tragedy.
Watch "Malena" Movie
Having said that, if medicrity is meant to be the main purpose of life ... there will be no innovation and progress and greatness .... Thus, I think everyone should make it a point to break the Law of Jante!
Dare to dream and go for your dream! Don't let anyone tell you you can't or it doesn't matter. Because it does.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment