That day, due to a strange clash of stars and signs, I went to this youtube clip on Randy Pausch, the dying professor, who gave his last speech. I cleverly devoted 1 full hour to his lecture on how he achieved his dreams and I congratulated him ..for he simehow managed to have done most of it during his living days ... and to a certain extent, he perhaps can go without regrets. ..And it's amazing that the song Non je ne regrette rien (by Edith Piaf ) strangely came to my attention for the first time that day as well when I was searching for her La Vie En Rose.
After the one hour lecture and another one on Time mgmt, I concluded that
- you cannot live your dreams if you do not know what your dreams are .. duh
- you cannot manage your time if you don't have a purpose; there is no point in managing time if you don't have a purpose (since there is no opportunity cost for lost time if there's nothing you should be doing.)
So..if I have to carve out my dreams ..what would it be?
- Be my own boss before 30
- Earn my first million before 30 (S$)
- Travel the world extensively (US, Iceland, Taiwan, Eastern Europe, Turkey are next up in my list)
- Have 2 kids before 30 and stay trim and fit in spite of it
- Dance salsa properly
- Sing in a jazz bar
- Learn texas hold'em and beat Qida
- Write a book or a good blog? My latest favourite columnist is www.vittachi.com
- Learn how to speak Cantonese properly? (since I am here .. better throw that in .. it would be so much easier if they have SATC in cantonese)
- Really know Chinese History .. not just whatever is showing on movies (yes, I am talking about 赤壁)
- Know elementary theology (perhaps I shd cover one topic every week)
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment