After seeing a full page on The Standard on a Greek festival at Cyberport, I was determined to go there for one of those weekend adventures. Hence, Qida and I made our way to the long awaited Greek fair despite his super hangover state. Due to the tremendous effort we made to get there, the shock was equally tremendous as we witnessed the less than impressive "Greek festival". And the whole Cyberport was one gigantic White Elephant. Other than in my house, it's probably the only place in Hong Kong that is not packed with its characteristic crowd. You can call it an escape or a gigantic waste of money (before I went, I read that Cyberport costs $10billion HKD and it's meant to be an IT hub... [no wonder some say Hong Kong and Singapore are very alike...even in the quest to own this hub and that hub).

A Cyber looking port .... alas... with no people.

The styrofoam/cupboard looking displays did a great disservice to the famous Greek architecture.

Think even Shenzhen's "世界之窗" did a better job.

Poor Athena ...

The sky and coastline lends some saving grace
Anyway, we simply had to escape that utterly disappointing exhibition and hence we went to Causeway Bay for some movie and shopping. .. and one of my learnings is ...never wear strips polo shirts in Hong Kong, especially in blue and white.. I almost couldnt locate Da twice ... see what i mean.

The Taiwanese Style Hotpot .. best part was the 20% discount for settling bill before 8.30pm.
A Cyber looking port .... alas... with no people.
The styrofoam/cupboard looking displays did a great disservice to the famous Greek architecture.
Think even Shenzhen's "世界之窗" did a better job.
Poor Athena ...
The sky and coastline lends some saving grace
Anyway, we simply had to escape that utterly disappointing exhibition and hence we went to Causeway Bay for some movie and shopping. .. and one of my learnings is ...never wear strips polo shirts in Hong Kong, especially in blue and white.. I almost couldnt locate Da twice ... see what i mean.
The Taiwanese Style Hotpot .. best part was the 20% discount for settling bill before 8.30pm.




No comments:
Post a Comment