Sunday, May 25, 2008

First week of work in Hong Kong

This is the 7th day since the start of work in HK - that's supposedly the honeymoon period but it has not lasted long since my first deadline is next Wed. The week went by and highlights I supposed were as follows....
- homecooked dinner almost every night other than the weird Chicken on the Run
- my first gnoi mai order for lunch in bad Cantonese
- lunch with Nelson at Pizza Express
- dinner at Wing noodles with Boon Kiat followed by drinks at California where we bumped into Da's ex colleagues who treated us to another round of drinks (for me it's lychee mojito)
- met with Dad before going for volleyball and korean dinner at Discovery Bay with Sean and CJ where we had pure shoju, sake and lychee shoju. Thereafter, we went to beer and food fest at Lan Kwai Fong where we bought so many tall mugs of mugs and got some inflatable shield and hands......was almost drunk by midnight after all the mix of liquors.
- Sunday was rest time when we simply had brunch at Maxim's where we only had to wait behind ten people and ate till we burst. Then we watched Indiana Jones which I thought was pretty cool actually..in terms of effects and such. Then saw Qida off as he heads off to SG to settle the dependent pass issues for his mum. Now I better start on checking out alternative passport measures for him...
 
After writing down the whole list of items, I'm starting to think that life here is not all that bad at all. Let's see what else I can discover and explore.

No comments: