Monday, October 13, 2008

Funny Day

Today.. I discovered my potted plant has spider webs and little spiders without legs (as small as dots but can't see any legs) running around... and the leaves have turned from lush green to pale green, as though it has been drained of chlorophyll. So after some weak attempt to trim off the affected parts, I realised I had cut off every leave and stem.. so I finally have to throw away the entire pot. My conclusion, it's either bad genes or bad air or bad fengshui at my seat.

Then after a long day at work, I hopped into a cab on a half hour journey home, when it usually took only 15 min , escalating my fare from $60 to $86.

What caused the massive jam from Quarry Bay all the way to Conduit Road?

Make a guess?

a) taxi drivers went on strike and lined themselves up from Garden Road to Lan Kwai Fong
b) traffic lights that were all spoilt on the whole highway and from Garden Road to Conduit Road
c) typhoon came for that one hour that I was heading home
d) major chain traffic accidents involving 10 over cars

After I returned home finally.... "F***!" was what greeted my ears as I entered. Alvin has locked himself out of his bedroom! So we had to call a locksmith which cost HK$250 for 5 min of tweaking. Even if you include 50 min for return journey, that's $HK250/hr. 2 cases per day and you earn more than a uni grad here already.

Here's a recession proof job that you can consider. You can pay almost no taxes, work 2 hours per day and  save some lives.

No comments: